leontineshome

Bare Knuckle
Katie Porter
Reckless
Skye Jordan
Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband - Melissa Mayhue This story of Melissa Mayhue brought me home again, somehow it speaks of the novels written long ago, the ones I read when I was a teenager. Filled with romance, adventure and family it instantly made me want to snuggle up on the couch and let myself be swiped away to times that echo with long forgotten voices.

Caitlyn is at a juncture in her life, will she marry a man who is just interested in her for the connections her father has or will she finally find the strength and live her life the way she wants too? One evening with her nighties on and a glass of drambuie in her hand she slips on a necklace. Suddenly a man shimmers into a man of flesh and blood and promises her an adventure with the mere acceptance of his outstretched hand...

From the moment Connor MacKiernan appeared I could relate to Caitlyn, who doesn't want to be asked for help in that way, by that kind of man, who wouldn't risk it all and seek adventure!

This is a novel that flows with a grace that slowly lured me with its well developed characters and the settings made me wander in Scotland, inhaling the magic, visiting castles as the people inhabiting it speak of long forgotten ways. I can honestly say that this is not a story that hits me like a lightning bold and reverberates through me with its thunder. Melissa Mayhue is not that kind of writer, I would say she has the talent to take her time with the hero and heroine. To build up the romance, to create a world and the plot which in the end turned out to be so surprising! True love is the greatest adventure and Caitlyn with Connor made me enjoy theirs from first till last page and speaks of an interesting future for Melissa Mayhue as a writer.I am pleased with this story with all the rough-around-the-edges highlanders and its strong no-nonsense women and the ending was so heartwarming that the romance-reader in me was satisfied from head to toe.

With a classic highlander tale, wrapped up in a bit of ancient Fearie magic Melissa Mayhue has written a solid debut novel that will interest many readers of this genre!