leontineshome

Bare Knuckle
Katie Porter
Reckless
Skye Jordan
A Hunger Like No Other - Kresley Cole Be prepared to be taken in to a world of Lykae, Valkyrie and Vampires with The Accession that is upon them. Every five hundred years there is a power struggle among all Factions altering the balance of power among all beings of magic. But that is not the only thing that is changing as Lachlain, trapped under the catacombs of Paris, smells his mate. He tears himself free of the chains that bind him to the walls and for the first time in a hundred and fifty years he is free, free to hunt the woman that is meant to be his mate.

Emmaline is in Paris for one thing, to find out more about her birth father but instead is facing a savage beast of a man that has one thing on his mind: complete possession. This does not sit well with Emmaline but what she doesn't know is that she is meant to be the mate of this man who is the King of the Lykae's. Through circumstances they travel to Scotland together but still events unfold the truth...and it is up to Emmaline and Lachlain if they have the strength to handle it.

Kresley Cole has created a refreshing new world with Factions of Lykae, Valkyrie and Vampires and an interesting Accession that happens every five hundred years and is basically a battle where it is survival of the strongest. This is the background for an enthralling love story, it starts with Lachlain recognizing Emmaline as his mate, the tortured feelings of Lachlain, desperate to claim his mate grabbed me from the very first moments and drew me in to a story that I savored from start to finish.

The characterization is strong, presenting me with background information that explains the world and rules to me and shows me where the characters are coming from. This is important to me for the emotions of Lachlain and Emmaline are experienced all the more intense for that very reason. With sparkling and interesting dialogue and a well paced plot this is a novel that you quickly ease in to and before you know it you've reached the last chapter of it, instantly wanting more of this world, more of these characters and first and foremost more of this kind of love and claiming. The secondary characters all bare enough depth to become leading characters in next novels and I for one am very interested which ones it will be.

Though I have already read much in this genre I feel that Kresley Cole has given her own voice to all the myths and legends creating a vibe all of her own that will reverberate with many readers. For all who cherish this genre, this is an intriguing start of a series to watch out for!

With A hunger like no other Kresley Cole has made a strong statement and proves to be a welcome addition to the paranormal genre.