leontineshome

Bare Knuckle
Katie Porter
Reckless
Skye Jordan
Sweet as Sin - Inez Kelley Inez Kelley’s Sweet As Sin is one of the best contemporary romances I’ve read in a while and all I can say as a reader is; Please can I have some more? It all begins with a helluva an opening scene involving titillating lingerie and an instant combustible chemistry between Livvy and John that singed the pages. The attraction between this man and woman was a live wire that sang of barely contained sexual hunger. Add Inez Kelley’s flowing and lyrical way of describing emotions and I was squirming in my seat throughout most of the story. The first chapter might instantly make me clamor for more but of that attraction simmering between John and Livvy held so much more in store for me.

While It was lust at first sight it was from this initial feeling that something profound and meaningful was born. The blend of personality, feelings, sensuality and struggles was voiced in such a poignant storytelling that there was no filter between the storytelling and me taking it all in. I was absorbed by the raw and potent connection between John and Livvy. It made me live all the highs and lows of the romantic development, it made me crave each new dialogue, each passionate moment shared, and each new page unraveling their story. Sweet As Sin could get me hot and bothered one scene, got me catcalling bow-chicka-wow-wow a second later, crying the next and let me laugh out loud a few pages later. This story draws on every imaginable emotion possible and I inhaled it all.

Even with an outstanding secondary cast of family and friends it is John Murphy and Livvy Andrews who claim, rightfully so, the spotlight. The complexity of John’s personality turns him in to such a fascinating character, one whom I couldn’t wait to unravel! When I got to meet his monsters, and got a taste of his dark side it was just heart breaking to read. Yet it is this very side of him that makes him so appealing and it elevated him from the standard issue leading hero material in stories. He is flawed but I got to know John in such an intricate way that I came to understand him. And ultimate fell head over heels for him. Even the short scenes from his book where his monsters came alive deepened the understanding of the man John was.

Livvy on the other hand has her own issues yet felt way more together than John. Livvy is a woman who is capable, puts lots of energy in her bakery but at times forgets to loosen up and have fun. I liked her initial resistance to be wow-ed by John’s charismatic personality but when she goes for it, she does so full force! She throws John out of his comfort zone, challenges him and it delivered an interplay where feelings reigned. The dance between John and Livvy was never boring! It was always moving with the emotion of the moment creating a mesmerizing synergy between a man and a woman. Also, Livvy in her own bakery is unadulterated sexy girl power! What she does with frosting, glitter dust and chocolate to drive John crazy makes me want to try out every recipe!

Two third in to the story and I was engaged, I loved, I squirmed, I laughed but the storyline was slowly cresting into a high-octane of bittersweet moments. Each page read added to the pile of Kleenex forming next to me on the couch. How could two people so intense together, hurt each other so? When I didn’t think things could get any worse, Inez Kelley dished out more for her characters to face. The pitfall of a convenient plot twists were also evaded and kept the outcome all the more emotion rife. Even while Livvy and John still have personal challenges to work on the ending was so beautiful, the romance hummed off the pages leaving me feeling readers bliss.

Inez Kelley’s writing style not only gave life to fascinating characters who you’ll instantly close into your heart, she also evokes every emotion imaginable! I inhaled everything this story had to offer and closed this book with a smile, a tear and a content sigh of romance fulfilled!

Quotes for you to sample:

“Haven’t you looked into his eyes, Andy? There’s no laughter there. None. It’s very dark and secretive and…dangerous.”

“I thought you were made for pure sin.”
“Sin, huh? That sounds…tempting.”
His look scorched her with pure sexual heat. The unbridled longing on his face warmed her blood and she slid her foot out of her shoe and found his leg. Her toes creeping under his pant leg elicited a deep noisy breath.
“Livvy, be careful. I’m not drunk tonight and tired of cold showers.”
“Me too.”

An angel with deep copper hair tempted him to believe he could have more. He told her one dark secret and she’d kissed him. Instead of fear, she showed him tenderness. The trust and grace she offered humbled him. Like water to a thirsting man, she created a loning deep inside him, a longing he’s never known. John wanted to belong to one person and one person alone. He wanted it with a voracious need that threatened to consume him. But what price would Livvy pay if he offered his blackened soul?

Love doesn’t shy away from fear. It erases it.