leontineshome

Bare Knuckle
Katie Porter
Reckless
Skye Jordan
Finding Eden - Kele Moon Finding Eden is the prequel to Beyond Eden and I’m in awe where Kele Moon has taken both Paul and Danny. The journey is tumultuous at best but at some points it was soul baring raw. Via a fluent and alluring writing style there were no barriers between me and the story. Kele Moon poured this incredibly moving story of two flawed characters to paper that echoed long after I finished it.

I already knew Paul and Danny from Beyond Eden, so I was aware of certain character traits. Like Paul being too giving and has no boundaries in his sexual preferences. Or that Danny has utter foot-in-mouth moments making him a jerk on occasion. I knew who Paul and Danny were yet in Finding Eden they still managed to affect me in new ways. It is mainly because more attention is given to their home situation and it was gritty. It speaks of alcohol and physical abuse which both leave a profound mark on these two young men. Paul is this double-edged persona of light and darkness. He is an all-American golden boy. He is a straight A student, a star football player, does charity work and is charming. Even while the charming, giving personality traits are an essential part of Paul it is countered with a hunger for pain, for being dominated. Paul needs this to function, and in this his struggles are intimately portrayed by the author. Kele Moon gave me the innermost self of Paul and allowed me to understand who he was, where his needs stemmed from and why he was the man he was. Paul struck a chord with me in his vulnerability, in his needs, and in doing so he completely won me over!

Danny had the same effect on me just in a whole other way. Danny is the bad boy, the one who gets all the chicks between the sheets with a devil-may-care attitude. He needs no one but behind that exterior attitude I found a man who was capable of loving so deeply, it just blew me away. Danny might not befriend easily or fall in love easily but when he does…oh my, he makes my romantic heart go in to overdrive. Danny loves in his own unique way, it may not be full of roses and daisies but a powerful love that will go the distance and beyond! I relished in how Kele Moon laid him bare for me in his struggles. Paul needs something from Danny which he is not easily giving in to. Namely satiating Pauls need for pain and being dominated. Danny makes mistakes but, like with Paul, I was inside his psyche where I got to understand and feel where it all came from.

I went through each struggle, each painful or joyful moment and I watched a friendship alter in a fiercely dark erotic romance. To say the dynamics between Paul and Danny was completely grabbing me would be an understatement. They created a synergy of emotional and sexual hunger which only they together could satisfy. I inhaled it! Due to Paul’s pain fetish and the raw moments it provides a darker side to the eroticism. Yet the eroticism is also titillating, naughty, provoking and seductively sexy! It’s a one of a kind blend where Kele Moon takes the sexy and roots it in profound emotions between characters who have an intense connection that deepens with each moment shared. The dialogues are brimming with male banter, quick wit and the characters personality. The verbal clash of these two personalities created quite the firework and my eyes devoured it.

There is also a minimum secondary cast whom support the journey of Paul and Danny but never detracted the attention from them. Secrets gradually get revealed and sets up the main conflict. This is whether Danny can provide what Paul needs and it is masterfully elaborated and unfolds a situation where emotions and darkness peaks. There is nothing I want more than an author letting me into the world of the characters and allow me to get to know them in a very intimate way. Kele Moon gives me that and so much more. There is no way to describe how Paul and Danny got under my skin and let me feel a range of emotions. They come alive for me as I read Finding Eden. The whirlwind of feelings with the characters raged inside me as well. Like I mentioned earlier; there is no filter between the story and me. I absorbed the intricate storylines and characterization with no regard for my surrounding. I just was that captivated by the powerful voice of these characters. It turned me in to a ravenous reader and even though the happy for now ending worked like a charm for me, I wanted more. It felt like Finding Eden was just the beginning, that the story of the D/s relationship expanding was yet to come. As I found out, this will happen in Claiming Eden.

I crave ‘outside the box’ romance with extraordinary and flawed characters. I revel in a complex situation meshed with mind-blowing ecstasy. Have it all amplified by an imaginative writing style and I have readers bliss written all over my face. Kele Moon hits the bull’s with all of the above! Finding Eden is gritty, it will take you through the dark recesses of the characters soul before a HFN will have you close the book. It will put you through the emotional wringer but delivers a story where you’re accepted and loved exactly for who you are. This is what romance is all about!

4.5 stars

He didn’t want to be that person. He certainly didn’t want to turn into one willing to damage something so ethereally gorgeous just to hold Paul close. Danny had wanted him for as long as he could remember, had watched from a distance and hoped and prayed for a chance at tasting the divine. Now here Paul was, naked and sated in Danny’s bed, and the only thought he had about it was that God had to be a twisted bastard.

Wearing only a pair of jeans, Danny sat by the front door straightening a beer bottle. He turned the label outward on touch alone as he stared ahead unseeing. This was what he was destined to be, a heartbroken shell of a man living in a hollowed-out home, lining up bottles.

“Your ass belongs to me. I’ve suffered for it. I’ve loved you forever. I deserve it,” Danny went on, his voice a low mixture of anger and desire. “I don’t ever want you getting from another man what you can get from me. You hear me, Paul Guy, it’s mine.”
“Yeah,” Paul choked, shifting beneath Danny, aching for him. “I hear you.”

Paul forgot what he had been trying to get from Danny to begin with. His back was burning and his cock was hard. Danny felt amazing over him, all muscle, raw strength and untamable fury. He wanted to cling to him, to hold Danny closer. More so, he wanted to reach down and push off the boxer shorts he wore, craving the feeling of being bare and vulnerable.