leontineshome

Bare Knuckle
Katie Porter
Reckless
Skye Jordan
Bared to You  - Sylvia Day After reading Bared To You I can honestly say it’s the best dollar I ever spend on a book. At the beginning however I did not have that feeling because everything was seemingly picture perfect. There were beautiful people to meet and they were rich, there were loyal friends and a cool boss. When Eva Tramell and Gideon cross paths for the first time there was sexual attraction on steroids between two beautiful people. This all gave some irksome moments. I don’t like picture perfect. I like flawed. I like difficult. I like almost insurmountable problems. I like conflicting emotions. Little did I know what Sylvia Day had in store for me!!

That there was an instant attraction going on between Gideon and Eva is an understatement. There was a current of undiluted sultry heat whenever they were in the vicinity of each other and it made me fan myself many times! Gideon Cross exudes a raw magnetic sexual power and he can be very much in your face with an arrogant confidence. There was definitely a time or two I could smack him one across the face! Yet underneath that attitude I found a complex man whom mesmerized me. He instantly captures the attention, he seems arrogant yet charming and is also difficult to love at times. There is something inexplicable mysterious about him and the slivers of information I got kept me on my toes, rapidly flipping the pages for more about him. Eva Tramell is a nice woman with insecurity issues, lives with her male bff, Cary Taylor and has a suffocating mother to deal with. I liked her on the spot, especially in her easy-flowing dialogues with Cary and her boss, Mark.

At first there is nothing more than a handful of distinctive characters and one hell of an attraction which cranked up the sexual intensity. There is a push-pull between Eva and Gideon which contains a cadence all of its own. Yet, as I got chapters further in to the story, the author slowly began to unravel secrets and a past that created such conflicts of the heart and soul. That’s when Sylvia Day hooked me, there were powerful emotions in the mix and I didn’t make rhyme or reason of it at first. That’s when I got a whiff of the intricate layered characterization for me to unravel and that’s when these two characters got their hooks in me.

I marveled in the mystery surrounding Gideon, I was mesmerized by the romantic conflicts which were so dark and painful at times. The romance and the eroticism was entwined in a complex manner and it fascinated me. I was wondering with the push-pull and sometimes clashing moments between the couple what direction this relationship would take. The intimacy issues added an edge to the rip-roaring desires between the main couple and it affected me. It wasn’t just this breathy lust they felt. It gradually went deeper, uncovering so much more then I initially perceived at the beginning. Sylvia Day slowly forms a connection between the reader, her characters and the story they have to tell. At the end I was invested, deeply moved by all the adversity and on pins and needles for the sequel.

While there is a small cast of equally well-defined supporting characters and there are even secondary storylines which are equally intriguing it all supported the main storyline. It was the emotionally scarred Gideon and Eva in their relationship development that sucked me in and baffled me by the end. The dialogues were bold, intense yet also with a touch of humor between characters who leaped of the pages with their personality, making each of them distinctive. If the ending would have been a happily ever after instead of a happy for now this would have probable been a five star read.

Sylvia Day put me through the emotional wringer and I love her for it. Bared To You is a contemporary romance with great storytelling, depth in characters whom will intrigue you, sultry heat and a love that will pull at all your heartstrings!! This is romance with a capital R where an intense emotional gratification is to be found!

4.5 stars

PS: What I also liked was the information that there is a sequel coming to Bared To You revolving Gideon and Eva. It prevented an overwhelming feeling of disappointment regarding the end.

Quote Gideon;
"I'm going to tell you all the ways I want you to please me, Eva, and you're going to do it all...take it all, and we're going to have explosive, primal, no-holds-barred sex. You know that, don't you? You can feel how it'll be between us."

Quote Gideon;
"You forget who submits, Eva," he said gruffly. I've given up control for you. I've bent and adjusted for you. I'll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can't be tamed or topped. Don't mistake indulgence for weakness