leontineshome

Bare Knuckle
Katie Porter
Reckless
Skye Jordan
Reflected in You - Sylvia Day I am one of the readers that hasn’t jumped onto the “Fifty Shades” bandwagon for various reason and backs away when a book is pitched as the next Fifty. However, that all was ignored when I read Bared To You and utterly fell in love with Gideon and Eva. The emotional rawness between them struck a chord with me and I couldn’t wait for the sequel, Reflected In You. The need to know how these star-crossed lovers would get to their happy ever after was as visceral as breathing. So the moment my review copy became available I started reading and couldn’t stop until the final page was read.

Reflected In You begins where Bared To You ended and it quickly drew me in to the lives and love of Gideon and Eva. Gideon is still master of his world and Eva is included in that. He is still gorgeous, his sexual prowess are still off-the-chart intense, he is still emotionally twisted but he also tries very hard to make the love work between him and Eva. Eva is aware of her strengths and flaws, she wants to do things in her own way and this clashes with Gideon’s need to control. Her insecurities play a big part in this story and will be recognizable for many readers. She is vibrant, fun but also just as emotionally twisted as Gideon.

All these insecurities were magnified by the feelings Gideon and Eva were battling with. Because their love is as dark as it is intense as it is passionate and it is imbued with a raw hunger that is undeniable. I can’t even begin to phantom how Sylvia Day found the words to relay the depth and intensity of the romance to the reader, the fact is, she did! The effect of her writing skill made me get that feeling if Gideon and Eva can work through their issues it will be an everlasting love. Or if they don’t, it will be a catastrophe of the heart and soul, devastating two people. To match the emotions there is the physical fire between this couple. The stamina of Gideon and Eva is mind-boggling but scorching to read! All they feel is poured in to the moments when they have wild ‘I can’t get enough of you’ sex. The steam almost rose from the pages, either that or my glasses fogged over! The eroticism, Sylvia Day imbues in to Reflected In You matches the rawness of the love between Gideon and Eva. It is an addictive combination I couldn’t get enough of.

The romance also contained almost insurmountable problems for the main pair to overcome. The words “trust me” and “wait” frustrated me as much as it did Eva. Trust is very hard for Eva and her reactions to what she witnesses is easy to understand. The actions of Gideon cause for major suspicion and riddle the plot with many questions. The plot development is tautly written but gave very little information up to a point I was a very frustrated reader. It was the kind of frustration where I wanted to get to know how it all connected, which wasn’t bad, but the need to know why and how drove me insane at some points. The first person narration contributed to that as well. I loved seeing it all from Eva’s point of view and through lots of dialogues I got a connection with Gideon as well. But Gideon was keeping secrets, many secrets. And it took a long while for me to understand him. I will say that the effect from the plot is definitely in the tail and the impact it had was one sweet ride and connected everything for me. The romance, the angst, the individual actions, it suddenly all made sense to me and I felt a new degree of investment for the cast of characters in the Crossfire trilogy.

Gideon and Eva is whom it all revolves around but there is an equally well-defined supporting cast. Cary, who is also twisted up inside, is one I adore. His humor and friendship with Eva enriches the story in a unique way. Mark, Steven and Shawna add depth to Eva’s work and social life. Victor, Monica and Stanton are family for Eva to fall back on and the love between them is evident. They are all engaging characters the reader gets to care about.

There is nothing in, Reflected In You, that was less than stellar. It takes a gifted author whom portrays flawed by fantastic characters and a gripping storyline for me to read the entire book in one sitting. I just couldn’t let go of Gideon and Eva, they resonated with me, up to a point where I ignored the outside world in favor of the story told.

Reflected In You feels like a written vortex where the characters suck you in with their romantic ups and downs and will not let you go until the last page. The emotional and sexual hunger Gideon and Eva have for each other borders on an addiction but it is just as addictive to read!! January 2013 can’t come soon enough!